• 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
• 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat egg and sugar
together until creamy.
2. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, blending well.
3. Stir in vanilla, chopped nuts, and chopped apples.
4. Spoon batter into a well-greased 10-inch pie plate and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
5. Sprinkle more nuts over the top, if desired, and serve warm or cold with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Courtesy of Diana Rattray