• 1/2 medium head cabbage, sliced
• 3 cups potatoes - baked, cooled and thinly sliced or mashed
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1-2 cups of whatever leftover veggies or meats you may have, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, cook the in a small amount of water for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside.
2. In a hot skillet, cook the onion in a bit of oil until it is soft. Add leftovers, and cook until heated through. Add butter, then mix in the cooked cabbage and potatoes. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook until browned on bottom, turn, and brown again. Alternatively, make individual patties from the mixture to fry in the skillet.