2 boxes cherry Jello
2 cups boiling water
1 can Carnation Evaporated Milk
1. Put the evaporated milk in the freezer for an hour or so to chill. Alternatively, refrigerate overnight.
2. Stir the boiling water into the Jello powder, stirring until completely dissolved. Put in the refrigerator to cool, but DON’T let it set. Stir it every so often to check.
3. Pour the chilled milk into a metal mixing bowl and beat on high until it forms soft peaks (like whipping cream). N.B., one little can of milk will turn into about five times the amount of whipped milk, so use a big bowl!
4. Now, continue to beat on high while slowly pouring the cooled Jello into the whipped milk, then continue stirring until the mixture is uniform in color. (You might need to scrape down the sides with a spatula a couple of times to achieve this.)
5. At this point, you can put the flummery into a mold, or simply leave it in the bowl. Put in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours, and serve. The flummery will be frothy and melt sweetly in your mouth – the perfectly easy dessert.